Tuesday 12 February 2013

German Tuesday - Taking my love for origami to a whole new level!

I've always been fascinated by the art of origami and what you can do with a single piece of paper. Often enough we've done some sort of origami in the office ourselves when we needed an interesting and practical way of folding a customised leaflet.
When I was back home in Germany over the Christmas holidays I saw the following spot on TV and was immediately mesmerised by it.

Animation agency Sehsucht produced the full CG origamy-style commercial for Deutsche Fernsehlotterie, a charitable lottery, and with their agency Zum Goldenen Hirschen. The challenge was to create the characters as human as possible but with a realistically foldable look that carries the complex textures of paper. And if you're impressed by the spot itself take a look at this making of. It's even more fascinating. I wish I could storyboard like this...

[via Sehsucht]

No comments:

Post a Comment