Thursday 19 May 2011

Trivia Thursday - Pony Express?

I couldn't believe my eyes this morning when I received an email from my family. Wrexham had made it into a German newspaper! 

I always try to raise my friends' and family's awareness of Wales and even to persuade them to spend their holidays here - more or less successful…

However I was rather surprised when I realised that it was the story of a man trying to board a train… with his pony. It has been all over the news but it never occurred to me that it would be of interest across the channel. The story is of a man who tried to board a train in Wrexham with his pony. When the train conductor refused to let him into the carriage, he even tried - unsuccessfully - to buy tickets for both of them to travel to Holyhead. 

Assume he went on horseback in the end…

Here's the German newspaper article in the Express:


No comments:

Post a Comment