So I gathered some chocolaty Easter facts I'd like to share with you:
- The first Chocolate Easter Eggs were made in Europe in the early 19th Century with France and Germany being the forerunners.
- John Cadbury made his first 'French eating Chocolate' in 1842 but it was not until 1875 that the first Cadbury Easter Eggs were made.
- According to guinnessworldrecords.com the largest Chocolate Easter Egg weighed a total of 6440 kg and was prepared by Supermercados Imperatriz Ltda and Nestlé in Brazil.
- The largest rabbit made of chocolate weighed 3010 kg and was made by Duracell South Africa (guinnesworldrecords.com).
- 76% of the people bite off the chocolate bunny ears first, 5% bite the feet first and 4% eat the tail first.
But obviously it's not all about chocolate. Easter can also be an incredible inspiration when it comes to advertising. The following was done for Cologne Zoo, Germany. I love the simplicity of it.
|Pictures courtesy of www.adsoftheworld.com|
And finally an agency self-promo by TBWA, Warsaw, Poland. It refers to the biblical resurrection story and is a bit different, that's why I like it.
|Picture courtesy of www.adsoftheworld.com|
Have a lovely Easter everyone!